What is a Red Bean Scrub and How to Use It
This aromatic, all natural herbal scrub originates from the state of Andra Pradesh, India, where it has been used as an organic scrub for centuries. There are multiple different ways to make this scrub as you can add and substitute different ingredients from what you have available in your home. It is usually a dry powder but we decided to make it a little differently to enhance the user experience. We use 13 natural ingredients that gently cleanse and exfoliate your skin making it soft to the touch. It has the ability to even skin tone, clear blemishes and sooth rashes and eczema.
WHAT'S IN OUR SCRUB? HOW DOES IT HELP?
The base of our scrub is Red Bean Lentils, dried and ground to create a great texture for exfoliating. To add aroma and health benefits to the scrub, we use additional powdered herbs and ingredients. The benefits of each ingredient (both external and internal) is hard to capture in one sentence so I encourage you to do some research on your own!
- White Sandalwood & Red Sandalwood has antibacterial properties to fight acne-causing bacteria, soothe sunburn, even hyperpigmentation and wrinkles.
- Vetiver is considered cicatrisant (healing) because of its ability to lift scars and heal wounds by replacing the damaged skin cells with new healthy cells.
- Ginger Lily give you a warming sensation great for treating stress, headaches and exhaustion. It is also a great moisturizer, leaving the skin rejuvenated and smooth.
- Indian Madder is an Ayurvedic tonic herb that has been prized for centuries for its long list of benefits and uses. For your skin, it is a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Mud of Multan has the power to deep cleanse, remove impurities and brighten skin.
- Camphor soothes skin, relieves irritation and fights acne.
- Alum is used for pimples, acne marks, acne scars and acne treatment widely. It is also great for tightening your skin.
- Wild Turmeric offers many anti-inflammatory properties. It helps clear acne, reduces scars and rashes.
- Bakuchi is useful for skin as it removes all toxins and revitalizes skin. It stimulates the melanoblastic cells which helps hyperpigmentation.
- Indian Sarsaparilla contains a wealth of plant chemicals thought to have a beneficial effect on the human body. Natural chemicals like saponins help reduce skin itching and kill bacteria.
Natural products are extremely powerful and beneficially to your health if used properly. Each ingredient has dozens of benefits for your body - both internally and externally. OHM ESSENTIALS researches and curates the best products so that you don't have to worry about what you are using. Ditch those chemicals and go back to the basics! As Mother Nature intended.
HOW TO USE
Face & Body Scrub
Wet face or body with warm water. Massage skin gently for 30-60 seconds using a few scoops of the scrub. Wash thoroughly and pat dry. Use 3 to 4 times a week. For best results, apply OHM ESSENTIALS Whipped Mango Butter after towel drying face and body.
Add any of the following ingredients and create a traditional Indian face mask! You do not need them all to reap the benefits. Gently scrub skin for 30-60 seconds using your mask and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Milk or Yogurt
- Fresh Lime/Lemon Juice
*Use dry hands or a spoon to scoop the scrub. Food based products tend to spoil when in contact with excess water*
Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
|TELUGU NAME||ENGLISH NAME||SCIENTIFIC NAME|
|Yerra Kandi Pappu||Red Lentils||Lens culinaris|
|Sri Gandham||Indian White Sandalwood||Santalum album|
|Manchi Gandham||Indian Red Sandalwood||Pterocarpus santalinus|
|Vetiveru||Vetiver Roots||Chrysopogon zizanioides|
|Gandha Kachuralu||Ginger Lily||Hedychium coronarium|
|Manjistha||Indian Madder||Rubia cordifolia|
|Multani Mitti||Mud of Multan||Fuller's Earth|
|Kasturi Pasupu||Wild Turmeric||Curcuma aromatia|
|Bavanchalu||Bakuchi Seeds||Psoralea corylifolia|
|Sugandha Pala Verlu||Indian Sarsaparilla||
Leave a comment